Database Pros is not affiliated with the organization posting this news item and does necessarily not endorse the products or services mentioned.
If you have a question about a news item, please contact the company who posted the press release.
News Main Menu
Troi releases Troi Dialog Plug-in 11 for FileMaker Pro 19.6
New FileMaker 19.6 compatible version adds taller dialogs
Lienden, the Netherlands, Januari 10, 2023–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Dialog Plug-in 11.0 for Claris FileMaker Pro 19.6.
What is Troi Dialog Plug-in?
Troi Dialog Plug-in is a very powerful tool for displaying all sorts of dialogs in FileMaker Pro. The text of the dialog and of the buttons can be created dynamically by using a script step or a calculation. All from within FileMaker you can:
- show an input dialog to let a user input data in up to 20 fields and up to 4 buttons
- choose these input fields to be any of the following: simple text, password field, popup list or check box
- show a list dialog or very big text dialog
- show temporary flash screens
- show a progress bar for lengthy operations
- schedule the display of notifications
What is new in version 11?
Troi Dialog Plug-in 11 has the following new functionality:
- Added new switch "-AllowTallerDialogs" to the Dial_Dialog function: with this switch the dialog will be taller if the prompt text contains more text.
- Added a "-MonospacedFont" switch to the Dial_InputDialog function: when you add this switch the input and popup fields will be shown in a monospaced (fixed-pitch) font.
- Added a "-MonospacedFont" switch to the Show List Dialog script step and the Dial_ListDialog function: when you add this switch the list items will be shown in a monospaced (fixed-pitch) font.
- Added switch "-GetStartupRegistrationLog" to the Dial_Version function. This will return a text log of the plug-in’s registration process at startup time of FileMaker Pro. When you have problems registering the plug-in, you can see if the payment certificate was found and if a valid registration code was found. Also added an example script to Version.fmp12, which gets the text log of the startup registration of the plug-in.
- Improved the EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 example file:
- Added a script which adds the Startup Registration Log to the log field. This will get a text log of the startup registration process of the plug-in.
- The plug-in’s install script now indicates that it is recommended to restart FileMaker Pro after installing.
Troi Dialog Plug-in 11 also has the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Tested and made compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 19.6.
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 11, including Version 22H2 (2022 Update)
- Tested and made compatible with macOS 13 (Ventura).
- Added initial compatibility with Claris Pro 40.1.1.
- (macOS) Fixed a bug in the Show Big Input Dialog script step and the Dial_BigInputDialog function: when running FileMaker Pro 19 in dark mode the color of the inserted text could appear black on the dark background.
- (Windows) Improved the Show List Dialog script step and the Dial_ListDialog function, they now handle scaling of the display better. Also fixed a bug where the list items could appear overlapped.
- (macOS) Fixed a regressed problem with the Show List Dialog script step and the Dial_ListDialog function, where long list items would not use the whole width of the dialog and would be truncated.
- Updated the example files to use a modern theme.
- Corrected a wrong switch in the entry for Dial_ListDialog in the Reference.fmp12 file.
- Modernized the code and made the code more secure.
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Dialog Plug-in 11 is available on the Dialog Plug-in page at https://www.troi.com/products/dialogplugin/
Licenses cost US$ 69 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on the Dialog Plug-in page. You can order licenses there or from our shop at https://www.troi.com/shop/
Version 11 needs a new registration string. If you bought a license on or after November 18, 2021 the upgrade is FREE! Eligible users will be sent a new v.11 registration code. Contact us if you have not received yours after January 13, 2023.
Upgrades from licenses bought before November 18, 2021 are available from US$ 39 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.
If you have issue with the content of one of the news items posted here, feel free to voice your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please limit feedback to improper content. Do not include your opinions about a product. Thanks for your understanding.