Database Pros is not affiliated with the organization posting this news item and does necessarily not endorse the products or services mentioned.
If you have a question about a news item, please contact the company who posted the press release.
News Main Menu
Troi Activator Plug-in 8 for FileMaker Pro 19.4 released
Updated script triggering plug-in for FileMaker Pro 19.4: upload any text to built-in HTTP server.
Lienden, the Netherlands, May 16, 2022–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi Activator Plug-in 8.0 for FileMaker Pro 19.4.
What is Troi Activator Plug-in?
Troi Activator Plug-in is a very powerful tool for triggering scripts remotely. All from within FileMaker you can:
- trigger a FileMaker script on a different computer (remotely)
- trigger a FileMaker script over internet
- use the built-in security to prevent unauthorized triggering
- send a number (e.g. a record ID) and a long text with the trigger
- start and stop listening for remote trigger messages with one script step
- communicate with databases in different FileMaker versions or even runtimes
Except from remote triggering you can also use the Activator Plug-in for:
- triggering a script on a specified date and time
- scheduling events which trigger any script you want
- running a script from any FileMaker calculation, for example a tooltip calculation
- trigger a FileMaker script when a file or folder is added to a folder
- validating fields on exiting a record with a custom script suited to your specific needs
What is new in version 8.0?
Troi Activator Plug-in 8.0 has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with Claris FileMaker Pro 19.4.
- Tested and made compatible with macOS 11.6 (Big Sur) and macOS 12 (Monterey).
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 11 and Windows 10 version 21H2 (November 2021 Update).
- Added initial support for the upcoming release of Claris Pro.
- Improved the Upload Server functionality for text posted to the url "/posttext.html": you can now allow any text to be uploaded to the server. To enable this add the switch "-AllowAnyPostedText" when starting the server with the Start HTTP Server script step or Actr_StartHTTPServer function. If you don’t add this switch the Upload Server will only handle incoming text that is formatted like this:
your UTF8 formatted text
- Fixed a problem with the Upload Server functionality for text sent to the url "/posttext.html": the plug-in no longer triggers a script when improperly formatted text or an empty string was posted.
- Added Switches option to the Start HTTP Server script step.
- (macOS) Fixed a bug that prevented the plug-in from loading in FileMaker Pro 16 (installing it would result in error code 1550).
- (macOS) Fixed a problem on macOS 12 (Monterey) and FileMaker Pro 19.4, where the plug-in would not show the plug-in icon in the flash dialog.
- (macOS) Updated the source code and project to a new version.
- (Windows) Fixed a small memory leak when running the plug-in’s HTTP Server for extended periods of time.
- Improved the folder trigger response for the Actr_AddFolderTrigger function.
- IMPORTANT (macOS only) The minimum supported macOS version is now macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi Activator Plug-in 8.0 is available on the Activator Plug-in page at https://www.troi.com/products/activatorplugin/
Licenses cost US$ 99 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on the Activator Plug-in page. You can order licenses from our shop at https://www.troi.com/shop/
Version 8.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi Activator Plug-in on or after July 20, 2021. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after May 20, 2022.
Upgrades from licenses bought before July 20, 2021 are available from US$ 59 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found in the shop. You can order upgrades there.
If you have issue with the content of one of the news items posted here, feel free to voice your concerns to email@example.com.
Please limit feedback to improper content. Do not include your opinions about a product. Thanks for your understanding.